Webinar: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Bridging the Standardisation Gap
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in personal protective equipment (PPE) products, such as face masks, protective clothing, goggles and gloves, to be more demanded than ever. PPE products are essential to ensure the safety and protect the health of frontline medical workers and citizens.
The quality of PPE products is defined by relevant standards, and technical regulations at the national, regional and international level, and requires corresponding conformity assessment (CA) procedures to attest compliance. However, these standards and requirements are diverse at the global level.
This panel will therefore focus on discussing how to ensure compliance and facilitate the availability of PPE products by taking gap-bridging actions of their quality infrastructure systems.
- Dr. Mr. Ji Liu, Associate Professor, Beijing Municipal Institute of Labor Protection
- Ms. Silvia Vaccaro, Policy Officer Standardisation, European Commission
- Ms. Lorenza Jachia, Secretary, Working Party on Regulatory Cooperation and Standardization Policies, UNECE
- Mr. Marcel Gbaguidi, Director General of West African Accreditation System, SOAC
- Mr. Bernardo Calzadilla-Sarmiento, Director, Department of Trade, Investment and Innovation, UNIDO
Date and time: Friday, 15 May 2020, 15:00 to 16:30 CET
Webinar registration link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_BrWjQ3SoTxqO80-WboTE_g