Other trade-related activities - UN ECLAC
Officer in Charge of the International Trade and Integration Division
Tel: +56 2 210 2235
E-mail: Mario.Cimoli [at] cepal.org
The Division of International Trade and Integration is assisting ECLAC member states to address 21st Century challenges and encourage sustainable development through policies at the national, sub-regional and regional levels. Effective trade policies can help build sustainable and inclusive societies by encouraging investment and growth, reducing poverty and income inequality, attracting development assistance, promoting environmental management, and creating adequate conditions for the inclusion of women in the economy. Main counterparts include government ministries, trade promotion agencies, public-private institutions, academic institutions, regional integration schemes in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Peru, and Uruguay.
- Promoting cooperation between the Republic of Korea and CELAC in the areas of innovation and SME internationalization strategies (October 2016).
- Expert Meetings
- Services and Technology: Internationalization, Tendencies, Challenges and Opportunities for Latin America (October 2016); and
- VIII ECLAC International Seminar on Trade and Climate Change: Environmental Sustainability of Exports (Chile, December 2016).
- Advisory Services:
- Regional Seminar: Innovation in Exporting;
- Regional Workshop: Financial mechanisms for export innovation;
- Workshop on carbon and environmental footprint of Colombian exports;
- Workshop on carbon and environmental footprint of Ecuadorian exports;
- IV Workshop of the Latin American and Caribbean Network for the Footprint of Coffee Exports;
- Workshop on environmental footprint of coffee exports; and
- International Seminar: Internationalization of SMEs.